Grand Conversations, Thoughtful Responses
The author’s unique approach to Literature Circles provides the key to helping students become enthusiastic, confident readers.
LEVEL: Grades 3–8
Portage and Main Press
PRICE: eBook $18.75 | Softcover $25.00
Faye Brownlie’s Say Something strategy will encourage your students to have not only grand conversations, but also thoughtful responses.
Grand Conversations, Thoughtful Responses is built upon the premise that all students can become active, independent, thoughtful readers. The structures and strategies in this book are proven to help students develop confidence and competence in their reading. Student engagement with text soars through participation in grand conversations with peers and reflecting on reading with thoughtful, written responses. This unique approach includes:
- student choice in books
- students reading at their own pace, thus creating flexible groups
- literature circles where students discuss the shared text they are reading
- strategies for teaching written response
- strategies for co-creating assessment criteria
- additional activities to develop and deepen comprehension
- book lists